The North American Bird Conservation Initiative and the Association of Joint Venture Management Boards have posted a call for nominations for the Gary T. Myers Bird Conservation Award (detailed nomination guidelines:
The U.S. North American Bird Conservation Initiative (NABCI) Committee and the Association of Joint Venture Management Board (AJVMB) want to recognize individuals or groups who have shown exceptional accomplishments and/or leadership in bird conservation in furtherance of the principles of the North American Bird Conservation Initiative and the national/international bird initiatives (North American Waterfowl Management Plan, Partners in Flight, Waterbird Conservation for the Americas, National Shorebird Plans, and the resident game bird plans).
Accomplishments to be recognized should have served to advance the vision of protecting and restoring the populations and habitats of North American birds through one or more of the following:
- Initiating and broadening bird conservation partnerships.
- Increasing financial resources available for bird conservation in the U.S. and range-wide.
- Enhancing the effectiveness of those resources and partnerships through integrated bird conservation.
- Facilitating integrated bird conservation through monitoring, research, modeling, habitat management, or conservation programs.
- Facilitating conservation through communication, education, outreach or policy advancements.
- Local and regional impacts are good, but recipient’s work must show a strong connection to national and continental work.