Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, has a full-time position available at our office in Fort Collins, CO. We are seeking a Web Application and Database Developer (WADD). The WADD plays a critical part in our mission to deliver information as the person who is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the organization’s websites and web-based applications for an international audience. Major duties will revolve around two websites dedicated to multi-party online collaborations, one of which will deal heavily with geospatial data.
The WADD will also serve as a liaison to external contractors developing websites for RMBO and be expected to maintain regular communications and eventually take over management and further development of websites developed by third parties. Additionally, this role will be responsible for creating new sites from scratch as well as creating templates and modules for the content management system. The WADD may also be required to perform various support-related duties for other RMBO staff. In addition to the web needs described above, the WADD will maintain and update the Partners In Flight database websites, found at: rmbo.org/pifdb. Compensation is $37-43K/year, depending on experience. RMBO provides a generous benefits package including health, disability, life, vision and dental insurances as well as a limited match on retirement investments.
· Experience with the LAMP stack of technologies
· Experience with cloud-based hosting and deployment
· Experience integrating web service APIs into other applications
· Experience with Javscript, JS Frameworks, Dojo, HTML5, CSS
· PHP and experience with the Expression Engine CMS would be valuable
· Experience with relational database design, concepts and administration
· Knowledge of geospatial reference systems and databases, including geoprocessing (ArcGIS, Geoserver)
· Understanding of network/system administration
Application deadline: April 11th, 2014, although the position will be filled as soon as a suitable applicant is found.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, three professional references and a piece of code which exemplifies the quality of your work to: email@example.com with the subject “RMBO IT Applicant 2014”