The Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory is hiring a bilingual International Program Assistant:
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Job Type: Permanent
Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory, a 501(c)(3) non-profit, has a full-time position available at our office in Fort Collins, Colorado. We are seeking a bilingual International Program Assistant (IPA) proficient in Spanish and English. Spanish proficiency will rank more highly than English proficiency.
The IPA is responsible for a variety of duties, including but not limited to data management, proofing, processing, analysis and summarization, GIS, as well as communications with Private Lands Wildlife Biologists, field crews and other partners in Spanish and English via email, phone or other media to assist with project logistics. The duties and job tasks of the IPA serve as inputs to International Program analyses and products, therefore the highest quality standards are expected to be upheld. Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational abilities, office skills, and a solid grasp of the biological and scientific underpinnings of the projects are essential to the success of the IPA. The IPA must work efficiently and effectively with other staff to ensure the smooth and successful implementation of projects and the timely delivery of quality products. This work primarily supports bird and habitat conservation in Chihuahuan Desert Grasslands. To find out more visit: http://rmbo.org/v3/OurWork/International/ChihuahuanDesertGrasslands.aspx
1. Possession of or ability to quickly obtain U.S. legal status that allows for employment.
2. A combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resources, Biology or another relevant field.
3. Effective written and oral communication skills in both Spanish and English.
4. Proficiency in software (Access, ArcGIS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and the ability to quickly learn new software and languages such as SQL.
5. A general knowledge and understanding of ornithology, environmental conservation, range and habitat management as well as scientific studies including sampling design, inference, randomization, field protocols, and statistical analyses.
6. Must be organized and able to prioritize time between short- and long-term tasks.
7. Must be self-motivated and work both independently and as part of a team.
8. Professional attitude and image required.
9. Must pass a Federal and State criminal background check.
10. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Please send your CV and three references in one Word or PDF document and include a cover letter stating your interest in the position and summarized relevant experience in the body of the application email. Send to email@example.com with “IPA applicant - [your last name]” in the subject line. The application deadline is June 1, 2014. If a suitable applicant is not found by this date the application period may be extended; inquire after this date to find out if applications are still being accepted.