The Department of the Interior is hiring a Fish and Wildlife Biologist to serve as part of the Panama City, FL Ecological Services Field Office.
As a Fish and Wildlife Biologist, you will be responsible for:
- Coordinate and facilitate activities pursuant to sections 4,6,7,8, and 10 of the Endangered Species Act.
- Plan and conduct status surveys for both listed and candidate species.
- Plan, investigate, conduct, and review on-site ecological investigations.
- Conduct private lands-program habitat restorations, including land-owner contacts, mapping, surveying, staking, construction monitoring, seeding, and other related activities.
- Prepare objective and complete written reports and deliver oral presentations.
One year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service that demonstrates your: Knowledge of natural resources management; Knowledge of policies, procedures, and applicable Federal statutes and legislation; Knowledge of refuge administrative operations; Ability to coordinate work, provide training, and effectively communicate orally and in writing with diverse individuals and groups.; OR
A master's or equivalent graduate degree in an accredited or pre-accredited college or university; or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree; or possession of a LL.B. or J.D degree, if related. Graduate level education must demonstrate the competencies necessary to do the work of the position, examples of qualifying fields include biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. One year of graduate education is considered to be the number of credit hours that your graduate school has determined to represent one academic year of full-time study. Such study may have been performed on a full-time or part-time basis. If you cannot obtain your graduate school's definition of one year of graduate study, 18 semester hours (or 27 quarter hours) is considered as satisfying the requirement for one year of full- time graduate study.; OR
A combination of education and experience as listed above.
For more complete information about this job opportunity, please see the Job Announcement on USAJOBS.